For over 170 years Hospitality Action, the Hospitality Industry Benevolent Organisation, has offered vital assistance to all who work, or have worked within hospitality in the UK and who find themselves in crisis.
We support people…
- Suffering from life altering illnesses such as Parkinson’s Disease, Cancer and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Experiencing poverty, bereavement and domestic violence.
- With sick and disabled children.
- Of all ages. In 2010 74% of those we helped were below the age of 60 with 41% needing support after a life changing illness.
- We assisted 62 people in the North, spending a total of £44,395.
All of the money we raise goes towards…
- Grants for essential items including food, clothing and central heating.
- Supporting our often isolated and lonely retired hospitality workers. Holding seminars via The Ark Foundation to tackle the excessive effects of drugs and alcohol for Industry students and employees.
Ways you can help…
- There are numerous ways to support the charity, these include:
- Attending or sponsoring one of our fundraising events.
- Taking part in a sponsored challenge event, from a skydive to white water rafting.
Becoming an individual member of the charity for just £25 per year or a Corporate Member for just £50 per year.
For other fundraising opportunities you can contact Dawn Holding who is the newly appointed North West Regional Coordinator of Hospitality Action. Dawn is Managing Director of Spirit Marketing (one of her clients being the Alderley Edge Hotel, a FIH property) and with over 20 years’ communications and public relations experience she is bringing her vast hospitality knowledge to the charity in a bid to raise awareness and additional funds. She can be contacted on 07766 753310 or firstname.lastname@example.org« View all blog articles.