Thinking about it, perhaps we should have started with golf … as the luxury hotels, fine dining, and beautiful countryside are merely supporting actors to the greatest game on earth.
That said, the chance of taking a complete break from everyday life for a few days while staying in sumptuous surroundings and playing lots of golf … makes it even more wonderful.
And the fantastic news is – you’re in exactly the right place to book such a special break. Several of our boutique hotels have their own course – or are very close to one – so you’re guaranteed the perfect stay. Clicking on this link will show you some of the marvellous choices that you have:
Wonderful golf breaks
We suspect that no-one needs convincing about luxury … but does anyone need convincing about golf?
- people of any age can play it (providing you can pick up and swing a club! Worst case you don’t even need to be able to walk very far as you can drive around in a buggy)
- due to the wonderful handicap system, people of widely different abilities can compete against one another in a genuine contest where the result isn’t a foregone conclusion; (there aren’t many other sports where a rank amateur could beat someone like Rory McIlroy)
- you only spend a small amount of time actually hitting the ball, so there’s plenty of time to talk and make friends and cut business deals over the four hours or so you’ll be “playing”; (again, in how many other sports could you do this?)
- it’s a fine test of character! Julian Small, CEO of the world famous Wentworth Golf Club says “…When you do business with people, you need to know more about them. Golf rewards players who remain calm under pressure, never lose their temper and think strategically. These are all virtues in business, too …”
- it’s down to you – the ball is always still when you hit it! (is there any other sport where this applies?)
- we probably should mention – it’s hugely enjoyable. You against the course, against the elements, against your opponents.
Need we say more?
Why not spoil yourself?
Fine Individual Hotels – we know everything about how to give our guests a wonderful time. We are a collection of some of the finest independent and exclusive luxury family boutique hotels in the United Kingdom, and we are waiting to surprise and delight you!
See our web site for more information on the deals and hotel experiences we offer – and if you like Facebook and Twitter you should see our sites for up to date offers and news on all things luxury hotels.« View all blog articles.