What is Pinterest?
A virtual pinboard — a place where you can create collections of things you love and “follow” collections created by people with great taste.
Why use Pinterest?
It might be the new kid on the block in terms of social media sites, but In the past year, traffic to the virtual pinboard site has shot up more than 9,000%, which is very impressive. The site smashed the 10 million users mark faster than any other independent American site, according to Comscore. Pinterest sees about 2.2 million active users each day and 12 million each month, which is a pretty large audience to share your images with.
How to get started?
It is so easy to set up a pinterest account, there are three options, you can signup with your Twitter or Facebook accounts where your details will be transferred across. Or use a valid email address, this will require you to input your details. You will need to create your profile page, which will show whatever you choose for your display name, a profile picture, a bio/description if you so choose (we think you should), and how many followers you have as well as how many you are following.
Our Top tips..
- Make sure you set your account up properly, add a profile picture (ideally your logo) and a bio describing your hotel and its location.
- Pin different image types (photos, images, videos and text) but make sure they are simple and engaging.
- Pin across all of your boards, but space out your pins and don’t pin lots all at the same time.
- Don’t forget to comment on and like other pins, tag people by their names and remember to say thank you to others who follow or re-pin you.
- Showcase the lifestyle surrounding your brand and other businesses in your market, don’t just self promote.
- Use call to actions in your pins, promote new products, offers and competitions. You can add a price tag to a pin just by adding a price (£10) to the description.
- Add keywords and phrases to your board titles and pin descriptions and always add a URL link back to your website.
- Connect your social networks, then it will automatically tweet out or post your pins to your Facebook page, Google is watching out for social signals.
- Add the Pin It button to your own website, allowing other pinners to pin your content.