We’ve told you a lot about our wonderful hotels, and how beautiful many of their locations are. This time we’re focusing on the utterly stunning country of Scotland, which boasts some of the most breathtaking views that you’ll ever see.
Does that sound like a bold statement? Well, read on and see if you disagree at the end!
6 reasons why Scotland is perfect for a break …
- The countryside. Unspoiled, rugged, awe-inspiring … at times it seems as if you’ve strayed into a fairy tale! If you don’t believe us, take a quick detour by following this link and then come back to us. See what we mean? Enough said.
- By way of contrast, the cities – their culture and their night-life. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen to name just the biggest – there is so much to do there!
- Festivals. Scotland rejoices in rejoicing, and hosts some wonderful festivals of all kinds. The Edinburgh Festival, held every August, is three weeks of celebrating and promoting all kinds of art – from music to theatre (classical to contemporary), from dance to comedy, to pantomime and children’s shows, art displays and the visual arts, free street theatre and cabaret, musicals and opera. At night the city comes alive with a huge variety of shows and acts and comedy and live music – definitely not one to miss.
Towards the other end of the spectrum, there are the Highland Games – a variety of events held throughout the summer that range from the actual games themselves (involving the cable toss and Scottish hammer throw, to name but two) to Scottish dance competitions – highlighting Scottish country and highland dances – to country fairs and cattle shows.
- Golf. We’ve talked about golf before, and many of our luxury hotels are perfect for golf breaks. Scotland is known as the ancestral home of golf, with the first recorded game played at St. Andrews. Today, St. Andrews holds the seat of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club – the game’s governing body – and its course is one of Scotland’s most famous, the others being Royal Troon, the Old Course, Muirfield, Carnoustie and Turnberry … all of which often hold the British Open Championship. But there are numerous spectacular courses up and down the country for you to enjoy, if you don’t manage to get into one of these!
- Hogmanay. Bold statement, perhaps, but there is no better place to spend New Year’s Eve than Scotland! It seems as if the whole country is having one big party, which lasts long into the night. In fact, well into the following day! Think fireworks … and Auld Lang Syne … and this gives us a neat segway into the sixth reason …
- Whisky! What more needs to be said?
Just a taster!
We’ve given you a starter, but you really need to check Scotland out for yourself to appreciate what we mean. You won’t be disappointed.
So check out our luxury hotels in Scotland and enjoy the break of a lifetime.
And we haven’t even mentioned haggis!
We know everything about how to give our guests a wonderful time. We are a collection of some of the finest independent and exclusive luxury family boutique hotels in the United Kingdom.
We are waiting to surprise and delight you – and to help you have the perfect day!
« View all blog articles.